Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
Even though we are all excited about the warmer weather, the melting snow means that there is an increase of water that flows through our eavestroughs, downspouts, and floor drains. If you want to make sure that you do not have any issues with this excess amount of water – be it flooding or anything similar, you need to make sure that you have a professional inspect floor drain and make sure that you get professional drain cleaning.
Prevent damage to your foundation
If you want to make sure that you avoid any damage to your foundation, you can do the following. We will discuss all three ways to clear your eavestroughs, downspouts, and floor drains.
To clear your eavestroughs, we recommend:
- Using aluminum eavestroughs rather than galvanized ones
- Make sure that the eavestrough does not have any rust
- Check to see if there is any standing water
- Make sure to inspect the gutter pitch
- Make sure that there is no debris in the eavestrough. Also make sure that any leaves are cleared out. Ideally you should do this at least two times a year
To clear your downspout, we recommend:
- Using aluminum downspouts instead of using galvanized ones
- Having a professional clean your downspout with a sewer snake
- Using underground tilling to drain out the downspout
- Using a leaf strainer to stop the leaves from falling into the downspout
To clear your floor drain, we recommend:
- Pouring a half a cup of vinegar down the drain, followed by a quarter cup of white vinegar. You should do this once every four months or so
- Make sure you wipe off the standing water each time you do the laundry or take a bath/shower
- Remove any trash from the floor drain. Make sure that you inspect floor drain
- Make sure that there is no blockage, having a professional drain cleaning once a year should go a long way
These are some things that you can do yourself to make sure that you keep your plumbing running smoothly. However, for long-term solutions, you need to turn to the professionals. Make sure that your eavestroughs and downspouts are cleaned the professional way, which is ultimately going to prevent serious issues from occurring. Use professional and Hamilton-renowned contractors like Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing for each job in your home. That way, you can be sure that the job is done right the first time around.