Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
Depending on what has gone wrong, a leaking garbage disposal can be quite a challenge to fix. Before fixing the problem, you will first need to find where the source of the leak is. Here are some steps that will help you fix the leak problem and fix your garbage disposal.
Locate the source of the leak
To locate this, you’ll need to begin by drying out the area under your sink and the garbage disposal too. Once everything is totally dry, these are the steps to follow:
- Plug in the sink’s hole that leads to the garbage disposal.
- Fill the sink with some water.
- Check the underside of your sink, just above the garbage disposal feature. If the sink’s underside has started to leak, this means the putty used to seal the sink flange has started to deteriorate. If you find that it’s dry, pull-out the sink’s plug and allow the water run out from your sink into the garbage disposal.
- Keep an eye out for water droplets on or around the garbage disposal. If you notice that the rubber hosing connects to your dishwasher is dripping water, it indicates that the hose is damaged; it could also indicate that the clamp connected to the hose isn’t tight enough. If your drain line has a leak, this could be because the rubber gasket connects your drain pipe to the garbage disposal has started to leak.
- You might notice that water isn’t leaking out of a hose/pipe but from the garbage disposal installation itself. In this case, you may need a new garbage disposal; because the installation is either broken or cracked.
Things that may need fixing
As discussed, depending on where the leak is, the different things that may need fixing include:
- Sink flange
- Dishwasher hose
- Drain line
- Garbage disposal
If you aren’t confident about carrying out leak detection in Hamilton or repairs yourself, feel free to call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services on 416 663 4777 or contact us through this form today! We provide custom leak detection services and are one of the leading plumbing companies in Hamilton.
We have years of experience in the field and can quickly diagnose plumbing problems and provide suitable fixes. You will find that we are very prompt and professional in our approach and provide cost-effective solutions. For any more information, call us with your requirement today