Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
If you have recently experienced a flood and noticed a pool of water, it may be time to replace or install a sump pump. Depending on your unique situation and skill with around-the-house projects, you may be able to get by installing the sump pump on your own. If not, consider the best-priced submersible sump pump installation Hamilton has to offer by contacting Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services.
This simple outline will help you find your way:
- Locate the pump (if replacing) – or where water collects, typically the lowest point of basement/crawl space/drainage system. You’ll want to make sure the sump is going to be installed near a GFCI (Ground Fault Interrupter Outlet). If there are none nearby, you must have a certified electrician install one.
- Dig lines – Map out where the hole and lines are to run, then dig. Holes must be six inches deeper and ten inches wider than the sump.
- Install Gravel, Liner and Pump – Before installing the line, be sure to lay three inches of gravel at the bottom of the pit. You will need to know how to install a sump pump pit before installing the sump pump itself, which is pretty straightforward. Once the gravel is laid, install the pit in the proper location, making sure the inlet and outlet pipes are in the correct directions. Fill the area surrounding the pit with the same material, typically gravel. Install the pump into the pit and start installing lines.
- Connect Adapters and Valves – Using the proper connections, adapters, and valves, you can begin laying the line. Always check for proper length and connections before sealing.
- Route Outdoors – Just as important as the pump is knowing how to install a sump pump drain system. You’ll want to make sure the outlet is in a discreet, yet accessible location. Before cutting the hole through the wall of the home, double check the location and size needed. Remember, you can always increase the diameter, not decrease.
- Final Connections and Sealing – The final step in installing your sump pump is sealing the lines and the hole used to route the drain. Before applying the pipe glue, make sure you apply the proper priming agent, which is typically a purple, glue-like substance for PVC.
Search for the term “sump pump installation” on Youtube will yield a variety of results that will aid in the process.
If you want to learn how to install a sump pump in a crawl space, it isn’t much different. The main difference is that you have to take into consideration the snug space, which is a world of difference when learning how to install a sump pump outside.
If you are looking for the best plumbing services in and around Hamilton ON, look no farther than Dr.Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services in Hamilton.