Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
There are many people who have opted for a sump pump Hamilton, but many people find that after the sump pump installation Hamilton the backwater valve becomes quite difficult to maintain. There is a good chance that the pump you have installed is not working efficiently, which means that you may experience flooding water at your place which can create a lot of trouble for you.
Flooding can mean excessive damage to not only the basement, but to any other lower floors, and even foundation damage. All of those are going to cost you time and money. You need to take certain precautionary steps like performing a few quick maintenance checks for your sump pump Hamilton. With these steps it is easy to keep that sump pump running properly without damage.
Sump Pump Inspection Guide:
- For electric sump pumps: Make sure that the sump pump is plugged into a working outlet, and that the cord is in good shape and best of condition. Due to the damping, the breakers on these outlets can trip out more easily, which becomes the major cause of the sump pump shut off.
- For battery powered sump pumps: You are required to replace the battery as often as is recommended by the manufacturer. It is advised to replace the battery every two to three years.
- Make sure that the sump pump is standing upright. As the sump pump begins to vibrate, they can fall leading to jamming of vital parts.. In the upright position, all working parts should be free to move.
- Pull the submersible pumps up to clean the grate on the bottom. It is to be made sure that there are no stones in the grate which could block the inlet, which could damage the pump.
- Check if the outlet pipes are tightly stuck together that is when the sump pump is on it is actually removing water through the pipes. In some cases, the pump might work but not pump any water.
- Clear off the vent hole in the discharge pipe, remove the clogged debris. Check for debris blocking the suction intake.
- Check for any strange noises coming from the motor.
- If the switch for the pump works on a float, check that the float is not restricted.
If you are not sure how your sump pump installation Hamilton is working as it should, we highly recommend that you call the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. They can help you with all your Hamilton sump pump needs and can be sure that everything is working as it should.